SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Uncertain Allies by Mark del Franco

Uncertain Allies - Mark Del Franco

In this installment Connor is yet again drawn into the investigation. There is a body, drained of essence and he needs to find out just who is doing it.

Like the other books in this series we see a lot of the internal conflict of a druid who has lost his power. The feel is still noir at its best and you find yourself really hoping that Connor will find some way of helping is love, who is in a coma.

Dark, as you would expect of any book dealing with the walking dead, in UA Del Franco once more delves deep into his alternate universe and the battle between the two sides of faerie. The politics could very well be those of the human world and the setting of Boston makes this a rich and interesting tale to those of us who grew up near the city.

Some things are wrapped up cleanly but he leaves enough threads to make you want to pick up and read the next book in the series.

While some are finding this book a let down, I enjoyed the new surprises that came around each corner and I felt for the friendship between Connor and Murdock. It is tough being friends with Connor and finding out that your friend played a part in your mother disappearing then reappearing should be enough to end that friendship. The more we learn about the Murdocks, the more we feel for Connor and his unwitting part in their family drama.

Pick up this series. It is just enough different that it is a rollicking good read and would make a great tv series