SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Thirst by Claire Farrell

Thirst - Claire Farrell

This was on of the books I found on my gifted ereader.  So of course I gave it a chance.  glad I did.  This novella length story set in Ireland, brought in a new view of the paranormal in my experience.

Ava is a bit screwed up, having been raised by a grandmother who did her best to get the devil beaten out of the child.  She developed OCD and has a real lack of self worth. Slowly she begins to learn things about herself that lead her to more and more questions.

Unlike a lot of the heroines of paranormal novels, Ava needs to build her confidence badly. She has been thrust into a world that doesn't make sense to her and it shows. I enjoy the fact that she does not become a kicking heroine, and in fact is fighting becoming less human with tooth and nail.  A great, quick read.