SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

The Chick and the Dead by Casey Daniels

This mystery is a fun take on the old murder mystery, a really old murder that is.

Pepper is a modern girl.  She loves shipping, good food and tanning.  Due to her father's fall from grace, she is working at a cemetery giving tours.  When a famous writer comes to town things get interesting thanks to her unwanted ability to see ghosts.  She meet DiDi, the long dead sister of the writer.  A vivacious blonde who claims that the writer is a fraud.

Ms Daniels gives us an interesting read.  At first I thought this would be another typical paranormal.  I expected a sexy, smart lead, a handsome hero and a bit of sex over a light story.  What I got was a lot of ins and out, ups and down and a real mystery.  This was a truly fun read.  If you are looking for a typical paranormal, well this is not that.  It is a murder mystery with legs, a fun take on a private detective.