SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Cloaked in Malice by Annette Blair

In this tale Ms Blair has stepped back to a different type of story.  A young woman with the unlikely name of Paisley Skye comes to town with a tale and some fine vintage clothing.

Like all of Ms Blairs work I have read the tale pays homage to fine clothing of the past.  With a heroine who has the gift of pychometry when she touches vintage items you have a different type of tale.  The flash she gets from the delicate child's dress is frightening and intriguing.  With a cast of characters that includes a dapper ghost, an FBI agent and a 104 year old spitfire, this tale is a rollicking good time.  Very different from her more light hearted paranormal romance series, this is some good old fashioned story telling.