SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Second Chance by Linell Jeppsen

Second Chance (The Deadman Series Book 5) - Linell Jeppsen

As always in this series you have strong characters and nasty villains. Ms Jeppsen knows her way around research and pacing, giving us a very fine tale of good versus evil set in the northwest. This is no cowboy and indian novel. This is filled with dirty dealing and out right murder. Mathew and his son Chance are brought in after a dear friend was attacked by mysterious strangers and the tale moves forward.

This fast paced and intense novel is a hallmark of this writer's style. She puts in deep research to make sure that the feel of the novel and the details are correct. If you haven't read the other four stories in this series, go, pick them up. You will be lucky enough to be dragged deep into a wild west different from the run of the mill and filled with characters that make you root for the good guys and boo/hiss the bad.

Received ARC copy of this book for free