SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

The Cat Who Went Into the Closet by Lilian Jackson Braun

The Cat Who Went Into the Closet - Lilian Jackson Braun

Once more we have a great read from Ms Braun.

In this book Qwill moves into the Gage Mansion. One of the mansions that line a street in Pickaxe. With fifty closets it is a treasure trove for cats. Koko and Yum Yum are totally enjoying themselves.

The book starts out with Qwill doing a one man show about a historical fire that destroyed a good portion of Pickaxe back in 1869. The story interweaves the performances with the murder mystery that pops up.

The closets of the Gage mansion are where Qwill found the basis of his one man play. When a local potato farmer goes missing and the Woman who used to own the mansion is reported as having committed suicide things get interesting.

There are break ins, some odd visitors, black outs, snowstorms and even more interesting things going on. With her usual verve, Ms Braun gives us a story of secret love, con men and old homes. Well worth the read.