SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Midlnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris

Midnight Crossroad - Charlaine Harris

This first book of a new series by one of my favorite authors was a fun read. She lightly refers to her other book series but she gives us a new group of characters to intrigue and amuse us. From a type of vampire, a woman who must be more than she seems, a witch, a psychic, a sweet gay couple and the owner of a pawn shop.

With a murder, white supremacists, a mythical cache of weapons things just have to be interesting. I read this in a bit longer than an afternoon and I can't wait to read the next one. Ms Harris has gone and given me another series that I have to collect and look forward to.