SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison

Ever After - Kim Harrison

In this lead up to the series finale the action comes fast and furious. Rachel is driving when misfired charm nearly  kills her. From that very action packed opening Ms Harrison drags us through a mix of Elves, Vampires, Werewolves and so much more.

Rachel has become the lodestone for Mystics; the loose parts of the Elven Goddess' consciousness. Dealing with religion with a deft hand, we get to learn more about just why the elves and the demons hate each other so much.

With the High elven priesthood, Undead vampires falling into comas and conspiracies inside conspiracies reading this was everything a reader could hope for.

The added bonus of Trent and Rachel getting closer, this novel leaves you ready to read the finale as soon as you can get your hands on it.