SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Plum Spooky by Jaent Evanovich

Plum Spooky - Janet Evanovich

A fun read by Ms Evanovich. One of her novels from this series was made into a movie and I am not sure how good it was but if it was anything like this it had to be fun. In Plum Spooky we have a cast of hysterical characters and a story that mixes some paranormal with a fine mystery and procedural style of writing.

Stephanie Plum is a New Jersey girl who works as a bail bondsman. With her side kick Lula, a walking fashion disaster and the HOT Diesel, a mysterious fixer type, Stephanie is working on tracking down Martin Munch, a brilliant man who is working for the wrong man.

Filled with tons of comedy, bad guys that just have to be read to be believed, a ton of intelligent primates and a lot of heavy flirting, this is a fun and fast read. With only hints at the paranormal, this is a great introduction to the whole paranormal investigator genre. Not to be taken too seriously but well worth spending an afternoon (or longer) reading on a snowy day. I definitely plan on picking up the rest of the Stephanie Plum series. Lots of fun.