SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Star of Danger by Marion Zimmer Bradley

Star Of Danger - Marion Zimmer Bradley

This review is of the 1983 printing of this novel that was first published back in 1965. Ms Bradley was one of the masers of science fantasy novels from that time period.

In this book we have Larry Montrey, a sixteen year old Terran boy and Kennard Alton a sixteen year old Darkoven. They meet in Thendara just outside the space port and the story goes from there.

Well written with rich details about two very different worlds coming together. This story shows that no matter the world you come from you can find a friend if you are willing to look beyond what is familiar.

While this is a world filled with alien creatures that the boys have to deal with it is really a story about the boys. About the differences that society builds and making bridges.

This story is good enough that I have read it many times over the past twenty years. I recommend this book for the YA market. Well worth the read, even with the controversy that has stained Ms Bradley's legacy.