SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Spder Bones by Kathy Reichs

Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs

In this, the 13th book, of the Temperance Brennan series we find our heroine dealing with a body found in a pond. I won't go into just what shape the body was in but well, interesting.

When the body is identified via a fingerprint things get interesting. For the body that is only freshly dead is identified as a man who died in Vietnam! We are taken back into the US to exhume the body that was buried and from there on there are enough twists to keep the most jaded watcher of procedural dramas riveted. Bouncing between Canada, North Carolina, and Hawaii we learn a lot about JPAC.

JPAC is how our government finds and identifies our lost war dead. Going through this tale we learn about the confusion that happens when governments fall and how much identification of the dead has evolved since the sixties. There is a great message in the middle of a tale of crimes unspeakable.

For this tale is about redemption, understanding, loss and so much more. About why we search for the remains of the fallen and how important it is to give families closure. I recommend picking it up and reading it.