SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Death Du Jour by Kathy Reichs

Death du Jour - Kathy Reichs

Anyone who watches the series Bones knows that the character was originally part of a book series.

Now the character of Temperance Brennan in the tv show is very different from the character in the book, and wonderfully this is a good thing.  I am a huge fan of the how and have watched it for the full ten seasons it has been on. I love the characters and when I picked up the book I was on pins and needles knowing that only rarely does the book and the media match up.

Well first, no they don't match up. Two..OMG I think this just might be better. The Temperance in the series is a recovering alcoholic with a daughter who is nearly adult in this book. She has a cat named Birdey and she works in two separate countries identifying corpses.

Bouncing between Charlotte and Montreal, this book starts with Temperance working in the bitter cold of a winter north of Montreal digging carefully to find the bones of a nun that is up for sainthood. A simple thing for an archeologist right? Well then through in a burned house filled with bodies and then connect them to more deaths back in the Carolinas and you get a gripping and fun ride.

I could go on and on about this book but I think you should just go and read it. I have two more of her novels in my hands and will be reviewing them next but this so far 15 book series has enough to keep an avid reading going for a long time.