SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Kissing Coffins by Ellen Schreiber

Kissing Coffins - Ellen Schreiber

I picked up this book for something to read while my family was playing TCG games. It looked interesting. I did not realize till I picked it up that it was the second book in a series.

This was an interesting if cliched read. Take your typical goth teenager living in a town of yuppies, toss in a young vampire who is an artist and high jinks ensue.

A very quick read that should be aimed at the tween set. While it is written well and reads quickly, it is just too cliched for a mature reader. Thankfully it was a big expenditure for me. It was being sold at the local Canadian Tire store for only a few bucks. So it wasn't too bad.

If you like simple plots with teenagers who think they really know better, then go ahead and pick this up. If you are looking for a toss off read that will fill a few empty hours this is for you. If you are looking for something new, exciting, intriguing or fresh, well try something else.