SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Cry Mercy by Toni Andrews

Cry Mercy - Toni Andrews

Once more Ms Andrews has given us a great read. In this book we get a clearer look at the background of some of the characters. From learning all about Tino's family and history to meeting Sam's father, Roger, we get a richer tale in this third book of the series.

The author has obviously done her research on gangs and the inner workings of the politics of these groups. Mixing that with the supernatural elements of this tale and dropping more bread crumbs about Mercy keeps the reading wanting more.

The only downside to this is that Ms Andrews has not released a fourth book in over two years.  This reader hopes she does soon!