SutekoWriter

The best books you never read

I am both a reader and a writer. I find that the best writers are in fact avid readers. I love books of all kinds but I really adore reading new authors who are just getting their feet wet. Some of the very best writers are now found in the indie set. These reviews will be of books I have devoured in my never ending quest for good fiction. Some will be up and comers who have hit the top of the chart, but most will be struggling new writers who deserve a second look.

Arrows of the Queen by Mercedes Lackey - book review

Arrows of the Queen - Mercedes Lackey

and here is the book that started it all. While Ms Lackey had published a number of short stories before this novel, this is the one most people start with.

A YA novel that is well worth any adult reading. I have read this book over and over and over it seems. When I am out of fresh new books I move back to Ms Lackey's work and I enjoy reading the adventures of Talia from young and misunderstood to being chosen to making it through her training.

This book shows that no matter what you need to stay true to yourself and that empathy, that most difficult to define trait, is crucial in life. I highly recommend it for all YA readers.